Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What the Hell are they doing with Dora?

Ok, well, I'm not a Dora fan. My little cousin is 5 and she really likes Dora, but I never really liked the show.

We talked about the gender roles in Dora and I don't like how the show does that. But this seems like a new step in the wrong direction.


Question: Are they trying to make Dora a sexual figure? They're going to be making a new Dora doll of Dora as a pre-teen, and it looks like the gender role image is still there. She's very girly with extra jewelery and all. Sure, she's fully dressed NOW, but hopefully she doesn't turn into a Bratz ripoff later on. She is going to sell well.






And look at this toy...



Maybe I just have my mind in the gutter but doesn't this look like an interesting shape for them to have chosen? The coloring too...




P.S.

I guess I'm not the only one who thought that toy was... interesting.

1 comment: